Answered By: Hayley Hughes Last Updated: Jun 08, 2016 Views: 5541
Answered By: Hayley Hughes
Last Updated: Jun 08, 2016 Views: 5541
- Sign up for Grammarly@edu at www.grammarly.com/edu/students. Important: you must use your University of Roehampton email address (@roehampton-online.ac.uk) to register.
- Once you login, please copy your text and paste it into Grammarly (click Paste on Grammarly toolbar or use CTRL-C, CTRL-V combination). Note that the “Start Review” button will not be activated until you paste some text.
- Select the analysis genre (“Academic Essay” is the optimal review genre). Click the “Start Review” button to check the text.
- Once the text is analysed, Grammarly will show your text with different types of alerts highlighted. You can see a high-level report summarising your errors by clicking on the “Summary” link in the upper right-hand corner of the page. To see individual error explanations and suggestions, click on the tabs on the right side of the report.
- You can review the suggestions and apply the changes either by manually correcting (rephrasing the highlighted part according to the suggestion) or clicking on the corresponding correction offered by Grammarly.
- Once done with the corrections, you can either re-process the draft and review the updates, or paste the final version back into your word processor.
- There is an option to save/print the corrected document and the report for your own reference. To do so, please click the “Save/Print Report” button. The button is located under the “Score” section.
Note that not all suggestions need to be implemented—you should decide which suggestions add the most to your writing.